Night Train Thessaloniki - Athens

Jerome25

Novi član
Hello everybody,

I am searching informations of compositions of night trains between Thessaloniki and Athens in the middle of 90 years with car carrier.
Another question, Do you know when national Motorail service started in Greece ? (Thessaloniki - Athens)

Thank you

jerome25 from France.

Kameni

AC/DC-DCC podrška
Supporter (2016)
Supporter (2017)
Hello everybody,

I am searching informations of compositions of night trains between Thessaloniki and Athens in the middle of 90 years with car carrier.
Another question, Do you know when national Motorail service started in Greece ? (Thessaloniki - Athens)

Thank you

jerome25 from France.
Hi Jerome, and welcome to forum. Hope our colleagues will answer your questions soon.
Cheers

Mon

Osoblje foruma
Hello everybody,

Thank you

jerome25 from France.
Hi Jerome25,
I suggest you to ask the colleagues on balkanmodels.biz, it is an english speaking greek Forum.
I am pretty shure that you will find all information you need there.
:palac_gore:

Jerome25

Novi član
Hello,

thank you for your help.
I have tried to register to the other forum (BALKANMODELS) but i have problem to answer the question to log in. (!)

I will try to find in other forum if exist.
maybe the answer is in some old timetables book.

have a good night and thank you

jerome25

Sky

Supporter (2016)
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2023
Hello jerome25,

As far as I know, a typical night train compositon Thessaloniki-Athens in mid 90s included carriages such as red WLABmh (ex DB) sleeping carriages, red Bcme couchettes, ex CIWL sleeping carriage, some 2. class seating carriages and of course a car carrier type Sekgss.

Take a look at this video, for example 4th October 1997 (15.57min) train 504, 23:17 Athens - Thessaloniki :

Jerome25

Novi član
Hello,

Big thanks for this video ! What a great document !
Very very interesting, big surprise too it seems that some day trains have car carrier between Athen and Thessaloniki.
I think that the Sekgss car carrier were used until the « new » MDDm start in debut 2000 years.

In the debut of 90 years, there were night trains Germany - Greece with german DDm. Great years !

Have a nice day and thanks

jerome25

Sky

Supporter (2016)
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2023
In the debut of 90 years, there were night trains Germany - Greece with german DDm. Great years !

Yes Jerome25, take a look at our topic about Attika train (Munchen-Athens), a train with car carriers to Athens and Thessaloniki:

Jerome25

Novi član
Hi, thanks Sky for these photos.
I suppose that 506 and 507 were the numbers of the night trains in 1992 and with Segkss car carrier. Numbers changes to 504 / 505, 600 / 601 some years after.
So it seems that the Motorail service starts before 1996 as I think.
Maybe it starts when Greece Railways buy those Segkss car carrier.

Also thanks Mon for the link to the other forum.
For BalkanModels, the problem is that I dont know the answer to the question to show that I am a real humain !. Just that because I am not an expert about Greece locomotives !

Have a nice day !

Jerome25

Mon

Osoblje foruma
... For BalkanModels, the problem is that I dont know the answer to the question to show that I am a real humain !. Just that because I am not an expert about Greece locomotives ! ...
Hi Jerome25, that problem can be solved.
Check your Private Messages box.
:)

Podržite rad foruma

Ako želite da pomognete radu foruma i portala malezeljeznice.net, možete da donirate i na taj način doprinesete radu foruma i portala u punom kapacitetu ( Detaljnije o donacijama ).

Iznos donacije
Korisnicko ime sa foruma
Ako ste već donirali i više ne želite da imate pretplatu na godišnju ili mjesecnu donaciju, istu možete otkazati klikom na donji gumb:

Na vrh